Fundraising and Events
July 23 is Global Brain Injury Awareness Day
- March is Brain Injury Awareness Month – Archives
- GBIA Events
- GBIA Challenges
- Who Can Get Involved?
- Needing Each Other
March is Brain Injury Awareness Month 2022
GBIA successfully reached 8,274 people across the world with our public awareness campaign on our Facebook Business page.
We also had 32 new followers during the month!
United States 69.6%
South Africa .2%
New Zealand 1.1%
March is Brain Injury Awareness Month 2021
GBIA are super-excited this year to have teamed up with our partners, Brain Education Strategies & Technology and also with Coastline College.
We will by putting up daily posters, videos and statistics on our Facebook community page and also sharing all the great work other people are doing!
These will be added to a library here and also on our partners site – Best Education Strategies and Technology – BEST
Event planning will include:
- holding events and running social media campaigns throughout the year and to support organisations who coordinate awareness day/week/month events – a one community together approach
- hold news media campaigns where we will coordinate speakers to come together on one day across the world
- hold a virtual or outside ‘Global Picnic’ to be held within a 24-hour period across the world
- and more!
We are looking for sponsors! You can find out how to get involved by completing our registration form.
GBIA Challenges are designed to bring people together, either virtually or outside.
Challenges might be about:
- achieving a goal
- testing your mettle
- ‘treasure’ hunts
- encouraging supportive relationships
- bringing purpose through meeting a personal challenge
- And more!
We are looking for sponsors who are happy to donate prizes, so, the more sponsors we attract, the more challenges we can set. You can find out how to get involved by completing our registration form.
GBIA are looking for people who can help us improve the brain injury recovery experience :
- Individuals living with brain injury
- Families and friends whose lives have been affected by brain injury and perhaps are a carer for a loved one
- Brain injury support organisations
- Brain injury forums and organisations that campaign for change
- Neuro-professionals from all fields
- Experts such as case managers and lawyers
- Rehabilitation providers
- Universities and Medical Schools
- Sponsors and advertisers
We need each other!
The original ‘Brain Injury Global Picnics’ were a success because people came together to make it happen.
“By sharing each little thing in some way that is beyond the thought in our minds, we add an energy -we add ripples that go out into the pond.
We gain a greater voice. Not a ‘louder’ one, but a ‘greater’ one.”
To create change and to continue to everything we can to improve the brain injury recovery experience for everyone we need to work together to create and maintain momentum.
“When we focus on purpose, upon serving, our challenges are met by the sheer momentum following our purpose creates.”
We need to know how you would like to support us and be involved. Our registration form allows you to select:
- which category you are in
- if you would like us to keep you informed of upcoming events – you will be invited to register to be involved
- if you are happy to speak to the media about local needs, your organisation, your research and so on
- if you would like to share our pre-prepared information with your local media
- if you would like to be informed of upcoming challenges
- if you would like to sponsor or advertise at an event or challenge