It doesn’t seem to matter which country we live in – we all come up against the same gaps in understanding, information, knowledge, and often, inadequate health care provision and support following a brain injury.
People from all over the world struggle with the same unmet needs.
We know you want change just as much as we do!
At GBIA we recognise the crucial need for collaboration.
We understand that by working together we can increase understanding of our needs, including where science and research can combat commonplace challenges where evidence is needed to create change.
We invite everyone to join us in creating greater awareness about current issues with service provision, knowledge and understanding of non-specialised medical professionals, and all other problems people meet following a brain injury.
The more people and organisations join forces for this one-day event, the more perspectives, expertise, skills, and ideas we can bring together.
We know that everyone has their own commitments and priorities. We also understand that as an individual or organisation you will already know what changes you care about seeing the most.
The Brain Injury Global Picnic allows everyone to show case their concerns on one day –
United voices are stronger!
What to do!
We want to provide opportunities for everyone to get involved in the Brain Injury Global Picnic.
Listed below are a number of ideas you can choose from. To stay connected and so that we can keep a record of your support and contributions we are asking people to register some of these activities with us. There is an optional facility to donate to register your event.
If you choose to support us on social media please make sure you tag us or share your activities with us by messaging us on our Facebook Community Page
Ways to get involved:
- Speak to your local media – TV, radio, press
- Prepare a press statement to send to your local newspapers or use ours as a template Press Release 2022
- Share information about your local support group, and the services you offer and highlight any local issues
- Talk about your charity or not-for-profit and key aims
- Share information about your research with your local media (published or undertaking)
- Talk about your business and the services you offer with your local media
- Create a Facebook event
- Create a Fundraiser
- Create a webinar to talk about your local issues
- Record a video about your story and include any unmet needs or struggles you experienced
- Join our ‘Appreciation Wall’
- Share our posts on Facebook by following our community page
- Join our ‘Tweet Thread Picnic’ @Global_BIA #Globalpicnic
- Create a write-up about the Brain Injury Global Picnic for your website or magazine – contact us if you need help with content
- Host us on your radio show, to join a webinar or other activities – contact us
Need help or more information? Please get in touch